Monday, November 13, 2023

Overall skirt project *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

 Hi!! Today I DIY'ed an overall skirt (✿◠‿◠)  I'm still in my blue obsession, and i've been interested in Swankiss style a lot as well. 



I had this denim overall skirt in my closet and I thought it would be the perfect chance to use this seashell patch I've had for a while! 


This DIY was pretty quick and easy. I ironed on the shell and then decided it would look cuter with a bow on the top! I wanted the tails of the bow to frame the shell, and I chose a shiny sheer ribbon since it worked with the dreamy iridescent theme. 


I trimmed the ends of the ribbon and tacked it down by hand sewing it at several points so it doesn't unravel. 


We went to a burger place this evening with some of my husbands friends who have become my friends as well (▰˘◡˘▰) I was so happy that they had dairy free milkshakes!!




Make photos!! I used a new eyeshadow palette. I've never really experimented with bright shadows before. I went for a purple and teal eye look since I wanted to have mermaid vibes. I don't know if I really liked that combo though, I might do purple and blue next time?? I've been reading Saaya Hayashida's blog for inspo, since her eye make was actually super bright even though it's filtered to look pale on her blog. I found swatches and photos of the palette she used, and got one as close as possible to that!! 


This is the final outfit! I think it turned out so cute, and I'm happy I have cute compression socks as well since I have to wear them for medical reasons. 

That's all for today!! Tomorrow I'm going out to find a full length mirror that's better for photos than this one. I want to add some decorations to it. I'm hoping to do something like this, but not with flowers the whole way around. 







3 comments:

  1. I read that the last time but I could not log-in at that time so now I can finally write how much I like your DIY!!! You give me such inspiration <3
    It's really funny coz subliminally I kept that mirror in mind & I ordered a mirror & flowers to decorate it with haha Really looking forward to see what you're going to create with your full-legth mirror <3 And of course to show off more of your cute coords <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg, thank you so much ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ I can't wait to see your mirror :0 I haven't gotten to making mine yet!! I've really gotten more into making DIY things recently. It's so much fun to be able to make your own unique pieces!

      Delete
  2. Very Swankiss! I love how your style is developing!♥

    ReplyDelete

My Melody Is Cute