Wednesday, August 5, 2026

8/5/2026

 You may have noticed I only posted one day from the con so far 😭 


I am very sick, something has been wrong with me since I returned from Japan and I don’t know what it is yet. I wrote it off as allergies but continued getting worse for the full month. 


The urgent care doctors said I should have called emergency services when I was sick in Japan when this began, but I didn’t realize my symptoms warranted that. I need a neurology evaluation now and I’m kind of scared. Wait times for a specialist in the US can be months, and I can’t survive that long with this headache. Even once I get an appointment I’ll have to wait even longer for the scans and follow up. 


They gave me a shot of medication today and I hope that will solve the headache for good, but it hasn’t yet. 


I’m really worried but hoping it will all be okay. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh man hope you're okay! PLease keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think it’s probably a migraine but I’m worried as it’s been going on for so long. The shot didn’t do anything so I’m not sure if I have to go to the emergency room tomorrow or not :(

      Delete
  2. Oh no! I hope you can get a visit ASAP! I also got incredibly sick when I went to Tokyo last year as they had a bug going around. I took some OTC meds in Japan, but it was still WEEKS of suffering 😿
    Hopefully you can get some OTC painkillers or something until you get a proper doctor's appointment!! Get well soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh weird I wonder if we caught something similar.The doctor said it could be a really awful viral infection too but since I had neurological symptoms in Japan I should still see a specialist D:

      Delete
    2. Yours sounds worse!!!! My illness was basically a servere cold that had me waking up every 10-20 minutes to blow my nose or I couldn't breathe + cough and headache and fever, but I didn't have neurological symptoms so I just rest lots.
      Really hope you don't have anything too serious!!

      Delete

My Melody Is Cute