Sunday, April 28, 2024

Ego System inspo part 1

 Hello!! It's been a while since I got my ego system mags... I lost wifi when I moved to a new apartment and then i got lazy. lol. But I wanted to post a few pages from one of the magazines today!! They're just taken on my phone so they aren't super high quality or anything, but I wanted to share them since there's so little old school inspo online that isn't one of the more extreme gal styles. 

I really like Ego System because the gals seem really relatable to me. Don't get me wrong, I do love seeing the "fancier" magazines, but there's something about 2005 and earlier mags that are just really authentic and fun. These Ego Systems in particular feature a few gals without tans as well, which I thought was really cool. I wish more Ego System mags were preserved, but at least I can try to buy them when I see them (⊙﹏⊙✿) 



I really love the black and teal pants :0 

This reminds me that I wanted to buy another pair of lighter baggy jeans for summer!! Due to some of my health issues I can overheat really quickly now, so even when I'm just walking to work I want to have something cooler on. 


This makes me wanna get some capris xD 


It's so interesting to see that Cecil McBee had an old school presence as well. I always associate them with onee looks. 


I love the colorful tops that the gals in the top photo are wearing ♥‿♥ I always look forward to breaking out my bright tops for the summer!








The makeup section in gal mags is always my favorite ♥‿♥ 


I seriously wish that old school clothes weren't so hard to track down bc I NEED that orange print shirt.


I feel like I've seen some pink pants like this being sold somewhere recently.. maybe some of these trends are coming back (at least in the US)? 


It was so cool to see a pale gal with my hair color ≧◡≦  It's funny because in the US I can never find hair extensions or fake braid headbands etc in my hair color, so I was very surprised to find out that gyaru's dye their hair to my color! Maybe I'm genetically destined to be a gyaru xD 


。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆



Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this brief Ego System inspo post and my commentary! I actually got the new Egg and Ageha for summer 2024, there were some cute trends in there so I'm gonna post them when I can. It's funny that my 2 biggest inspos are super old school or super current. I'm just a magazine hoarder xD 

See you soon!! ★~(◡﹏◕✿)


1 comment:

  1. This top with oranges & in general the whole vibes of the mag remind me of 2006-2010ish shoujo dramas TvT Ok, I'm gonna be more specific, it reminds me of my beloved Hana Zakari No Kimi Tachi E TvT
    I'm also not into extreme styles, especially when it comes to eye make so old mags like these are perfect. And again reminds me of that period of time as well so... <3 I love seeing what you enjoy & where you draw inspo from <3

    ReplyDelete

My Melody Is Cute