Saturday, April 27, 2024

Japanese Tea Ceremony (✿◠‿◠)

 Hello!! 

I wanted to show you the rest of the photos from the tea ceremony last week! Everything has been kinda crazy in my life recently, I just moved and then I lost wifi for a while. I have so many blog posts planned that I need to catch up on!! 


Anyways!! On to the tea ceremony ♥‿♥


I've been planning for this day for sooo many months now. I found the perfect yukata and I decided to make my own accessories ♥‿♥ 


I was really inspired by this photo of Risa, specifically her purse! 


I spent a long time hunting down the perfect basket purse online ♥‿♥ I added the flowers and I also made hair clips too!

The day of the event was a little crazy. I was able to leave work early, but the event was 1.5 hours away, so I decided to just throw everything in the car and do my hair and makeup when I got there. It wasn't a big deal since the building had a lounge area that was totally empty! 

My friend Hiromi hosted the event, and her mom was able to help me put on my yukata properly. I was on time with my hair and make and sorta tried to put it on myself but it was NOT great, so I really appreciated the help (✿◠‿◠) There's something so magical and happy about getting ready for a special event with your friends. 


I was SO relieved once I got to the actual event on time. There were a few presentations first about Japanese flower arranging, painting, and the history of tea in Japan. I learned so much! I was able to talk to the woman who did the demonstration of the tea ceremony and she said she teaches lessons on traditional dance and music :0 I emailed her, I hope she has space in a class for me!! 


After the demonstration, they had candy and tea for us!! I was so happy that mine matched my yukata ★~(◡﹏◕✿)  I've never had Japanese matcha before, it was pretty bitter but you're supposed to eat the candy and then drink the tea right after, so it mixed together to be sweeter!



I loved these flower arrangements! I've never gotten a chance to see anything like this, so it was really interesting. I wanted to go to a workshop to learn to make these too, but they're only held during the workday (◕︵◕) 


My friend Hiromi and I (◕‿◕✿) Her paintings were on display! 



I felt so beautiful ♥‿♥ I'm so happy I was able to get a big bow for my yukata. 


Low quality phone "scan" lol but I used this hair tutorial from an Ageha mag from like 2022ish. I'm so happy it turned out well bc I did it in a public bathroom and didn't have a mirror to look at the back of my head. I had to use my phone xD 



I went for a soft purple eye make look! I think it looked so cute with my outfit!! 


⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑



Thank you for reading!! See you soon! 


1 comment:

  1. I don't know on what to comment first! I loved this post so much <3 The bag you created, the hair style you did, the beautiful yukata & event. The flower arrangements wow It's amazing they hold such workshops over there. Thank you so much for sharing & excited for you moving out. Wish it all goes smoothly <3

    ReplyDelete

My Melody Is Cute