Friday, April 19, 2024

Happy thoughts (✿◠‿◠)

 Hello!! Today I went to a Japanese tea ceremony that my painting teacher hosted. I’ve been looking forward to this for so long now! I’m way too tired to write a whole post but I’m just feeling overwhelmed by gratitude and wanted to write something ❀◕ ‿ ◕❀




Ok here’s one photo but the rest I’m saving for a real post xD 


When this year began, I promised myself that I’d keep pursing my passions, especially things I always dreamed of or have been interested in since I was a child. Ever since I was in middle school, I suppressed my thoughts and interests trying to fit in and make the bullies go away. Thats why I made that promise to myself this year, because giving up on others opinions of me and pursuing my interests has brought me so much joy. It’s like reconnecting with a part of myself that I had hidden for so long. 

I grew up admiring Chinese and Japanese art and I truly feel so grateful that I’m able to learn Japanese painting. It probably seems silly, but I’ve wanted to see a tea ceremony and wear a yukata since I was a kid. I always thought they were so beautiful and never thought I’d get the chance. Other than my wedding, I’ve never felt so beautiful. I was really sitting there thinking “I wish I could tell little Rae that she gets to do this someday”  I really felt like a princess. 

On my drive home I was thinking about how much painting class has had a positive impact on my life. I was truly so lucky to randomly meet my painting teacher at an art fair. I really think it was fate for us to meet and become friends. 

Even my interest in gyaru fashion has brought me so much joy. I’m getting emotional now … I’ve met one of my best friends because of gyaru and it’s given me so much confidence… it just feels like gyaru is an essential part of myself. 


Just looking back on it all makes me emotional and so grateful for the people who have helped me become confident and pursue my passions and just accepted me for who I am. I really feel like this is finally the year that I’m fully embracing who I am


Ok, sappy post over. Lol, 


I hope it doesn’t sound too silly, please stay tuned for normal people blog posts xD  




3 comments:

  1. huhuuuu :3 Loved this <3 What great feelings!!! Thank you for sharing <3 I'm a sucker for such posts actually TvT Maybe because I also can relate to this process in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh thank you!! It makes me feel less self conscious when other people can relate xD I lost wifi for a bit when I moved so I wasn't able to respond to any of your other comments!!

      Delete
    2. Rae, no worries at all, my life's truly whatever for the last few months so it's understandable <3 Your posts make me feel at ease somehow coz they are so cute & feel like "slow-living" <3

      Delete

My Melody Is Cute