Saturday, February 13, 2021

Galentines Day and DIY Skirt

 Hi there! Today I wanted to tell you about the himekaji girls' valentine tea party and the outfit I made for it! 

But before I start I have a valentine! Valentine's day got me thinking about all the happy people and things in my life! You have all been so welcoming to me and it makes me happier than you know <3 It makes me so happy to share my outfits and to be friends with so many awesome gals. It means a lot since I just graduated college and I don't have a lot of activities anymore, I feel like I get to be a part of a big group again <3 



I've been learning to sew from my mom and sister, and the tea party was the perfect occasion to make a skirt and bow! I wanted gingham originally, but I didn't find any I liked and went for polka dots instead. 





I decided to add a ribbon trim and little rhinestone details to the front! I think I want to find a new pattern the next time I make a circle skirt like this so it will be more gathered at the top, but I really like how this turned out!! 


I also wanted to make a matching bow! I literally made this 2 hours before the meet started, I just found a pattern online that I liked and then added the heart. 




Here is my final outfit for the tea party! I am so happy with how it turned out. 








I decided to use my new blush that I've been LOVING, it's from Makeup Forever called B202. It's hard to tell from this picture but I also had pink eyeshadow! Also I really like how my nose stripe looked today, I was sad to take it off. lol. 




I ran out of time before the tea party, but I still did my nails at the beginning of the call! One of my neighbors sells Color Street nail polish strips, which are kinda like stickers that you  attach to your nail and then just file off the extra. I really liked them, and I got a lot more for the future since they had animal print! 





Tomorrow, I'm going to see Bryan and I'm stopping by the local kawaii stationary and gifts shop! I already have my outfit planned and I'm sure I'll put up a post about it soon too! I also have my next sewing project planned. I'm going to make a long plaid skirt! I hope you all are having a fantastic weekend and I can't wait to see everyone's valentines co*des! 





4 comments:

  1. I absolutely ADORED that skirt you made for the tea party, and that you did a matching bow! You looked super cute and I can't wait to meet you again 💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank youuuu! I had so much fun hanging out! <3

      Delete
  2. Omg your skirt came out super cute!!!! Sewing is a great thing to learn especially when it becomes difficult to find cute things. I think you did great! If you need help, you can contact me as well <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! It's so much fun to be able to make things exactly how I want and make sure it's the perfect size as well! I will definitely ask you questions in the future!

      Delete

My Melody Is Cute